Monday 3 September 2012

Bambi Lashes With Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers


To be honest I thought these eyelash curlers were just too over hyped. All reviews saying how amazing a job they do and how they are makeup artists favourites. They cannot be all that good can they? Oh, but they are.

I have used few generic brand eyelash curlers and some of them have ended up straight in the bin.
I am lucky enough to have full eyelashes but they lack in curl. Eyelash curlers I have used so far I did not like as they always pinched my eyelids.

So, I decided to give Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers(www.shuuemura.co.uk) a go.
I had a look around to find out how much they cost, surprisingly in the department stores they are still rather pricey, around £20. Online they can be bought almost half price including shipping. I found mine on eBay.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers are made in Japan by innovative brand that was founded and named after legendary Japanese make-up artist and beauty pioneer Shu Uemura. His big break came in 1962 whilst substituting My Geisha film make-up artist. He soon begun working with famous Hollywood personalities, one of them was Frank Sinatra.

I was curious to try Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers as soon as I received my package. They came with a spare silicone pad which should allow a good 6 months to a year use and more. The pad together with the curl of the eyelash curlers create the perfect tension and curl. Over time and use of course the tension in the pad goes away, thankfully they are replicable if you wish.


And I am happy to say I like them very much. After I curled my lashes - with no pinching at all - I applied mascara, and they stayed curled all day. Next day I curled my eyelashes and did not put any mascara on, and still they stayed curled all day. Well, what is there more to say?

Till next time...

Kiss Kiss Girly-G


No comments:

Post a Comment